Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you do handyman work regularly, the IRS considers you to be in business and you should file as self-employed.


Otherwise, enter this as “other income”.

  • Click Federal in the left column
  • Click Wages & Income at the top
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income. Click Show more
  • Start Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
  • Start Other reportable income
  • Say Yes to Any Other Taxable Income?
  • Enter a description (handyman) and amount ($150)