Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@Griff48 wrote:

I am using turbotax deluxe CD version. I am getting the message "We crunched the numbers and the amount you received looks right" We received $3600. Now the problem is this $3600 is not listed anywhere on our 1040 as a credit so turbotax thinks we owe money which we dont. When is this going to get corrected so that the correct tax amount is calculated. Again, the issue is there is no $3600 credit listed anywhere on my 1040. I called TurboTax and talked to somone who didnt understand what the issue is, he said I didnt qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit because I received $3600. I know that!  Is the problem the IRS 1040 instructions and the 1040 form need to be updated for those of us who received $3600 so that it can be applied to our taxes?  By the way, I have been using Turbotax for over 20 years so this is not a newbie question. Long ago I had to use the Premier edition but now that I am retired my taxes are much simpler. 

If the Total of EIP1 and EIP2 that you received was correct then nothing is entered on the federal tax return Form 1040 Line 30.  The Recovery Rebate Credit is only used for those who did not receive stimulus payments they were eligible to receive based on their 2020 federal tax return.