Help

I need to do my taxes and I don’t know how

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@Babygee2019 wrote:

I need to do my taxes and I don’t know how

You would probably be best served by using a income tax preparation professional.

See https://taxexperts.naea.org/

You could also look into TurboTax Live.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/live/

View solution in original post

My husband has cognitive issues and I have to prepare the tax return.  We have always used Turbo Tax.  Last year I had someone help me through it and am asking for help this year too.  I have 73 years old.   Can you help me?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Yes we can help you.   Let me explain our new Full Service program.

In TurboTax Live with Full Service, a dedicated tax expert will prepare, sign, file, and guarantee your tax return for you.

Once you've confirmed you're using TurboTax Live:

1. Select the floating Live help button in the bottom right corner.
  2. Select Let's talk.
  3. Enter your question or topic area and Continue.
  4. Select your preferred method for connecting with a tax expert.

Your main concern is to reach a Live Expert to walk you through preparing the return either with Live Help or Full Service.

Once your tax expert receives all your tax documents and information from you, it'll take 5–7 business days to complete your return.

How does Full Service work?

1. Upload a few documents: To set you up with the right expert, we’ll ask you to upload your,
    • W-2
    • State ID
    • 2019 tax return
  2. Meet your tax expert: Schedule a call to meet your tax expert, learn more about the process, and ask any questions. You'll get to know your tax expert and they'll learn about your tax situation.
  3. Upload additional information: You may need to upload additional documents or other information before your tax expert can get to work on your return. It's easy and can be as simple as snapping a photo with your phone. Your expert can help you identify what documents you'll need to upload.
  4. Your tax expert will prepare your return: You and your tax expert can message back and forth while they're working.
  5. Review your return: After your tax return is finished, your tax expert will share it with you. You can even go over it together in a live video call.
  6. Pay and check out: After you've reviewed your return and are ready to file, you'll pay for TurboTax.
  7. Your tax expert will file your return: After you’ve paid, your tax expert will file your return for you. You can always download and save a copy of your return for your records.

If you need to amend your return after a Full Service preparation, our tax experts will help you do so. You can also reach any of our tax experts year-round for help and advice. It's all included with TurboTax Live.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MSwanson1
Returning Member

i need to e-file after fixing errors

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify, are you unable to e-file after fixing the errors? If so, what is the error message you are receiving?

@MSwanson1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MSwanson1
Returning Member

AGI 2019 was wrong. I corrected it on my 2020 return and it won't let me re e-file my return.

MSwanson1
Returning Member

Nothing happens when I do anything! no response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MSwanson1 Please tell us what happens when you try to e-file after fixing your AGI. Also, have you checked your transcript with the IRS to make sure your AGI matches their records?

You can request a transcript or a copy of your return on the IRS Get Transcript site, in which you would not have to pay. Keep in mind you will need to create an account with the IRS, which is free to do!