Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@carrielee88 wrote:

I need to call for a good reason - the IRS said we CAN file an amended federal return electrically this year for 2019 -- but Turbotax has old info. It says I  must mail my just-completed return.

The IRS specifically allowed this electronic filing this year because they don't want to be swamped with paper returns.

I need to know how to do that. Turbotax is a major tax0filing website, they must provide what the IRS has deemed correct filing.

Can you help me get in touch with them? Many people but be having this problem due to the stimulus issues this year.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks so much!

The IRS nor any of the tax preparation software companies are not yet able to e-file a 2019 federal amended tax return.  The IRS has indicated they may have their systems available by August 17, 2020 for the 2019 amended tax returns, but that is only an estimate.  The tax preparation software companies also have to get their systems and software approved by the IRS before they can initiate an e-filed 2019 amended tax return.

Go to this IRS website for info - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayers-will-soon-be-able-to-file-amended-tax-returns-electronically