Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@thenord wrote:

And then what?  I know I can't file it electronically, but I have my 1040.  Do I mail it in?  Where?  What about state?  I've been struggling with this for a couple of hours and have had a hard time finding this on the irs.gov site as well.  Thanks.

To complete and file a 2018 tax return using TurboTax you have to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2018 desktop programs from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A free state program is included with the 2018 desktop editions.  Complete the federal tax return and then download the state program.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Download State.  Complete the state tax return.

When you have completed both the federal and state tax returns you will go thru Review to make sure there are no errors.  Once the Review is completed, the tax return is ready to File.  In the File section of the program you select File by Mail, since the 2018 tax return cannot be e-filed.  Print the tax returns for mailing.  There are Filing Instructions for the Federal and State tax returns that have information on which forms and schedules to include with each tax return.  There is also the address on where to mail each tax return.

Make sure that you sign and date each tax return before mailing.