Level 9

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If your 1099-PATR has Box 1 filled in and those are dividends from capital assets/depreciable property or that came from property purchased for personal use, you do not have to enter it. You'd just keep that for personal record. 

If you are needing to report Profits or Losses from Farming, that will report on Schedule F, which is only supported in TurboTax Self-Employed. So you will need to upgrade. Deluxe doesn't handle the 1099-PATR and creating Schedule F. 

You can use these steps to get to the portion of the interview to input that 1099-PATR once you are upgraded to Self-Employed. 

  • Log into your account, click orange Take me to my return button.
  • Type 1099-PATR in the Search box in the top right corner 
  • Choose jump to 1099-PATR and that will take you directly to that section

NOTE: If you need to report your 1099-PATR but it's not for farm or co-op dividends, the income then gets reported as general business income. Just do a search for business (schedule c) (use this exact phrase) and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results. When you get to the Business Income > General Income section, enter it there.

Other Related Topics: