Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ anthonys650 wrote:

none of the links works

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-premium-services/01/26266

You haven't adequately explained your situation, so I'm having to guess a bit.   You have probably been reading instructions for removing Premium Services in Online TurboTax.   Are you using the desktop software (CD/download)?     We don't know what you mean by "the links to remove don't work."    So since you mentioned "Mac" in 2 of your other threads,  I'm going to assume you are using desktop software for Mac.

If you are using desktop software, there is a 19.99 fee to efile the state return  (increases to 24.99 on March 1).

Are you in California, and is your product charging you for "Premium Services?"    If so, it sounds like you chose to pay that 19.99 state efile fee out of your Federal refund instead of simply paying for it upfront with credit/debit card.  If so, that payment method requires Premium Services which is an additional 44.99 (California).    Premium Services also includes other benefits such as Audit Defense, ID protection/monitoring, etc.

To avoid that 44.99 fee for Premium Services you have to change the payment method and choose to pay the 19.99 upfront with a credit/debit card or a prepaid debit card you can buy in a store.   After you change the payment method, make sure before filing that you look at the "order review" screen and are only going to be paying 19.99 (plus sales tax.)   

If there's still an extra fee showing after all that, it might still be trying to charge you for Audit Defense, in which case one would go to the REVIEW tab, select  the subtab "Audit Protection", navigate past the Audit Risk meter, and then scroll down on an Audit Defense screen and decline Audit Defense.