bleethhn
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

1. I filed an extension and then completed turbotax filing on 10/13/2019.  I received a confirmation and was charged for the deluxe or whatever (64.99 for efiling my federal return and printing out my state form (so I could mail that as my state does not allow efiles after April)

2. I just found out today from my state tax department that they can't process my taxes without my federal tax forms.  I HAD sent, so was confused until I found out that turbotax did NOT efile my federal taxes last Oct.  (Yeah, my own stupidity but I had a federal check deposited into my account at about the right time and assumed it was my tax rebate and had been amended by IRS to make it different.)

3. So, I just printed out my returns to send to Fed and back to State, and found my 1098s and 1099s to include when I found I had left off a 1099!

4. So I have to change my 2018 taxes but it won't let me go back in and make changes as though it were not filed - even though it HASN'T been.

5. So I try to download the amendment software and my 2018 tax file but it is missing something in the exe  amend file and I can't get any help with that.  Plus you can't amend a return that has not been filed. But I can't change it.  I can do it all manually, but I paid for this service and want some help.

6. I have spent 7 1/2 hours on this today and I believe NO HUMAN BEINGS ACTUALLY WORK AT INTUIT. Can someone anywhere help me????  I think tech support could let me get back into the 2018 file since it really was never filed, and make the changes to it to finish it up.  Of course, this could result in a change to my state taxes although it shouldn't affect the amount I owe.