Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't even begin to thank you all enough for taking time to try and help me. I will give you all the answers below to your questions, as nothing has worked so far:

1. I have OS Catalina version 10.15.1. My Mac is a late 2013 model. I have 1TB of storage and am only using 900 GB so far. So plenty of storage etc.

2. I actually didn't mean to say I couldn't install the 2016 software. I actually can get it to install. I just cannot get it to open. So what I have tried is to uninstall it and reinstall it. But I did notice that when I reinstalled it, it kept the same installation date in the Applications folder where it is located. So I don't think it fully uninstalled. I did just drag and drop the icon into the trash, restarted and then fully installed it again from CD. 

3. What it is currently doing is that when I click on the 2016 TT icon in the applications folder or my dock, it will bounce as if it is opening and then it will stop. I see briefly on the menu toolbar at the top of my screen the Turbo Tax menu, like it is starting to open, but it seems like something is blocking it from opening and it shuts down before it opens fully.

4. I don't get any error messages at all, of any kind during installation or when trying to open. 

5. I have cleared my safari history, I have restarted my machine several times and those don't help.

6. I tried to go to the Applications folder, right click and open from there to force open the first time as you suggested Mauser_22, but that results in the same attempted opening, where it bounces a few times and shuts down.

Any other ideas? I think maybe if someone can tell me how to fully uninstall this and then install it clean, that may be something that I need to try. I don't think it did a clean uninstall last time, due to retaining the "Modified" date in my applications folder as the original date of installation, even though I uninstalled it last night.

Any help is so much appreciated. I am also going to call Turbo Tax now.

Follow the links in my answer in the box if it will not open - that is probably do to the OS X 10.15 "Gatekeeper".

If you need to do a total uninstall and reinstall then do this:

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**