Level 6

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you worked as an employee and received a form W-2, you are not required to file a tax return. However, if you have tax withheld, you may wish to file a return to get a refund of tax withheld.

If you received a form 1099-MISC, you are required to file a tax return.

In any case, if you file a tax return, you have to indicate in the My Info section of TurboTax that you can be claimed as a dependent by someone else.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post