Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@xmasbaby0 My daughter did not file a tax return, didn't make enough to need to and wasn't getting anything back.  Someone else did submit a tax return with her SSN, thus the ID theft previously mentioned.  That person whoever they may be did not mark that they were a dependent.

It's been so long since I've mailed a tax form, I totally forgot about attaching the w-2's and whatnot.  I did mail them their check, so they have that so it's bought me some time and I guess I will hear back from them if they need anything else.  I guess I thought they may already have everything they need electronically.

In a perfect world the IRS would know what's going on, they have already flagged her SSN as being fraudulently used and sent her a letter, and I submitted a different form about the ID theft to them, but probably not.  And they probably don't care.

As far as TurboTax is concerned, I guess I'm wondering what will happen next year when I go to use the program, and it still shows the previous years return as being rejected and not fixed/resubmitted.