LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you can claim them as dependents as long as they did not have $4700 or more in income, and meet other requirements.  As you enter the information on TurboTax the program will guide you through the process.  If you would like to see more information on about dependents see Who can I claim as my dependent?.

They also qualify for the $500 Credit for Other Dependents.  The credit is $500 per qualifying dependent as long as your adjusted gross income (AGI) doesn’t exceed $200,000 ($400,000 if filing jointly). The credit goes down $50 for every $1,000 that the AGI exceeds the $200,000/$400,000 limit.

Regarding 2022, as long as they received their Social Security numbers before the end of 2022, and they also did not have $4700 or more in income, you can claim them as dependents and you can also claim the Credit for Other Dependents.  You will need to file an amended return.  For information on how to do it see the following TurboTax help article, How do I amend my federal tax return for a prior year?

Feel free to reach back if you have additional questions.