Level 1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you can still file your individual tax return.

Just remember to indicate that "someone else can claim me as a dependent."

When you e-file, you will need to report your prior AGI.

If you didn't file your own return last year and you’re in TurboTax, just tell us you didn’t file last year when we ask you. But if you already entered a number, be sure to change it to 0.

Otherwise, if you did file your own return in 2017 but someone claimed you as a dependent (this often happens with college-age students), use the AGI from your 2017 return, not theirs.

Source: AGI When Previously Dependent