How to attach PDF to home edition for e-filing (case number [phone number removed] as the Support ID)

Greetings.  Not resolved.

We use the TurboTax home/office computer version… and have done even since the earlier Chipsoft versions, since 1987 I think.   My original query:

We financed a boat which qualifies as second home, and mortgage interest is deductible.  Our boat mortgage lender doesn’t provide Form 1098 for deductible interest.  In the past, previous boat, previous mortgage, we’ve been audited (3 separate years) and our deduction was upheld after I provided supplemental information to IRS.  That info came from our end-of-year monthly bank statements.  Responding to the audit was tedious and painful. Now we have a different boat, different lender… but still no 1098 will be provided.   Is there a way to upload our end-of-year monthly bank statement as we prepare for this year’s taxes – to try to avoid another IRS audit?

Your suggestion (I paraphrase):

Upload the end-of-year monthly bank statement to “My Docs” using my TurboTax account.  The upload will be linked to our tax return when we file.

How do I upload documents to My Docs™? (intuit.com)

Result so far:

After signing in to TT online, there is no Tax Home on the left menu.  That probably doesn’t appear until after having started a tax return in the online version.  I see no advantage to using the online version, and several disadvantages… so I’m not going there… and we’ll continue using the home/office computer version.  Which in turn means I guess we’ll just expect yet another IRS audit from this year’s tax filing.

Is there another way to attach additional supporting documentation in the home/office computer version for use with electronic filing.

If not, suggestion:

Incorporate a way in the home/office computer version to upload additional supporting documentation for use with electronic filing.

-Chris