Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@ctx192021  

I'm a fellow user and don't work for TurboTax.   That message is obviously incorrect, since October 17 is the filing deadline this year for those who had extended deadlines.    I've seen 2 users so far report this tonight, and both were using the desktop version.   I don't know if Online TurboTax users are seeing a similar error message.

2021 Dates and Deadlines:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-calendars/tax-year-2021-calendar-imp...

I suspect a lot of people will be posting on this issue in this forum in the coming hours.

You said it allowed you to efile anyway, so I guess there was a way to proceed beyond that message.    Did you get an email that the efile had been transmitted, and when you check the efile status in your desktop software, does it show you the efile status?

Also, be aware that if an efiled return is rejected after it was timely efiled on or before October 17, one has until October 22 to make any corrections and either resubmit the efile or postmark and mail the rejected return.