You'll get a 1099-R if you received $10 or more from a retirement plan. Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R? screen.
- If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
- Select which option matches your form and Continue.
- You can import your form directly from your financial institution by searching or selecting yours from one of the options on the screen. You'll be prompted to enter your financial institution account information, and TurboTax will directly import your forms.
- If you prefer to type it in yourself, select Change how I enter my form and continue through.
You can add up to 20 1099-Rs.