Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a dependent's W-2 to my return?

You don't – your dependent's W-2 isn't reported on your return.

If your unmarried dependent's W-2 earnings exceed his/her standard deduction ($12,000 in 2018), they should file their own return and report the W-2 on their return.

But even if your dependent didn't earn enough to be required to file, s/he may want to file a return to recover any withholdings.

Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in