TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where can I find my 2020 (current-year) AGI?

SOLVEDby TurboTax3352Updated July 27, 2021

You might be asked for your 2020 AGI if you're applying for a scholarship or loan.

Looking for last-year's AGI so you can e-file? We've got that too.

How to find your 2020 AGI

The exact location of your 2020 AGI (adjusted gross income) depends on which 1040 form you filed:

• 1040 – look on line 11
  • 1040NR – look on line 11

Finding this number is easy if you already filed your 2020 return and printed a copy for your records. In fact, your lender will probably want to see a copy of your return so they can verify your AGI.

If you forgot to print a copy after filing, we have some links below that can help.

Tip: You won't find your 2020 AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form. Nor should you pull your AGI if you're still working on your federal return, as this number will likely fluctuate as you add or remove income or expenses.

If I file my 2021 tax return electronically in 2022, what amount do I enter as my prior year adjusted gross income (AGI)?

When you electronically file your 2021 tax return in 2022, you must sign and validate your electronic tax return by entering your prior-year adjusted gross income (AGI) or your prior-year self-select PIN. Use the AGI amount you originally reported on Line 11 of your 2020 Form 1040 or 1040-SR.

Note: When you file your 2021 return, do not use the corrected AGI, even if it was adjusted because of the unemployment exclusion.

To find your original 2020 AGI amount, you can view or create an online account or access Get Transcript online or by mail.

Related Information:

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post