Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Jan 27, 2020 1:53:25 PM

When do I get my refund deposit?

So I file my taxes on January 19th and both federal and state were accepted by the 21st so when should I be expecting my deposit to be in my bank account?

0 5 1706
5 Replies
Level 2
Jan 27, 2020 1:58:14 PM

Did you have EITC or CTC credits? If not your DD will probably be Feb 5 if you been accepted check see what WMR says.

Intuit Alumni
Jan 27, 2020 6:20:28 PM

The IRS began accepting returns on January 27th. It takes about 21 days for the IRS to issue a refund, once the Return has been Accepted. To get an actual date for when you will receive your refund, please go to www.irs.gov/refund. If have already checked this website and it says Approved, the IRS says: "We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)"

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Level 5
Jan 28, 2020 8:32:53 PM

i have the credits for my 2 children and every year never have an extended wait. 

Returning Member
Jan 30, 2020 12:49:38 AM

So I had track my refund but it said that I have to wait 24hrs after I receive a email. From them I file my tax on Jan 21st 

Intuit Alumni
Jan 30, 2020 8:44:09 AM

The IRS just started processing tax returns on January 27, 2020. You will want to check back later for a new status as it does take longer in the month of January. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information.