Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Aug 29, 2020 9:12:30 AM

Electronic amended return rejected

I amended my 2019 tax return with turbotax. I got a notice it was rejected and to fix errors. I went back through and there were no errors and Turbotax does not show any errors so I am very confused.  Is there a way to talk to somebody to look this over for me or what is the best course of action?

Thank you for any help!

0 5 1399
5 Replies
Not applicable
Aug 29, 2020 9:19:13 AM

my hunch is That TT is not yet finished setting up e-filing for amended returns.   it would help if you posted the entire rejection message.

Returning Member
Aug 29, 2020 10:08:02 AM

Sorry I should have included that in the original question. I posted below the message I received. I checked all these fields initially and then I went back and checked them again and they are all correct. Also Turbotax software did not find these errors either so I am not sure why I am getting this coming back rejected??

IRS-IIT-AMENDED

TurboTax Electronic Postmark: August 28, 2020 07:26 PM PDT

Rejected On:
August 29, 2020 12:01 AM PDT

What this means:
The state has found the following problems with your return:

• Form 1040-X, 'TaxableIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TaxableIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'OtherTaxesAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalOtherTaxesAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt'.

Not applicable
Aug 31, 2020 9:46:05 AM

The IRS now allows e-filing of amended returns.  Does your state? My state doesn't. 

Not applicable
Sep 2, 2020 4:53:40 PM

Hi, I guess I could answer your question.  I had one of the same problems yesterday after I tried twice and got rejected twice. I reviewed the 1040-x form and found that somehow number of dependents changed and then I removed the incorrect number. That is it. Got accepted. Hope it can help.  

Level 15
Sep 2, 2020 5:24:48 PM

A umber of users have experienced problems with e-filing amended returns.  The IRS just began to accept e-filed 2019 returns and there have been some software glitches.  They are working on fixing the problem.  You might want to just wait a few days and try again when they fix it.