Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Oct 6, 2022 4:16:19 PM

Amendment Massachusetts tax return

Amendment Massachusetts tax return: 

The software does not allow me to electronically file the return. So, I print the form out. However, Turbo tax software does not provide the instruction where to mail the amended return and how to write check. Also, the software show that " I also do not have to sign in this amened document 

At the front page of my turbo tax form: 

1) It is written "Your return shows you have elected to pay your balance due of $80.00
| by Direct Debit using the following information" Should I write the check in this case? Or my payment will go through the direct debit stated here.

2)"No signature form is required since you signed your return
Signature | electronically" However, the software only wants me to mail the return. I cannot not submit it electronically. 

I wonder how to fix the issue. 

My North Carolina amendment is fine (no instruction issues) 

Thanks

0 4 206
4 Replies
Level 15
Oct 6, 2022 5:39:49 PM

In the FILE tab choose to mail in the amended return and how to pay the balance due  then go to the print center & choose the state with the worksheets, 

Returning Member
Oct 6, 2022 5:46:13 PM

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried it and it has the same issues. 

Level 15
Oct 6, 2022 5:49:34 PM

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Returning Member
Oct 6, 2022 5:53:51 PM

Thank you very much.