Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Feb 13, 2020 8:46:08 PM

After filing

When is the earliest I should expect my tax returns?

I finished filing February 7th. I know the thing said 21 days but given I put my bank information in how son should I actaully expect my tax returns?

0 4 265
4 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 13, 2020 8:57:32 PM

The IRS estimates that most refunds will be sent within three weeks after your e-filed returns are accepted. Many refunds will come sooner. You can check the status of your refund by going to www.irs.gov/refunds. You can also click here to see a chart with estimated refund dates based on the date your return was accepted by the IRS. Some 2019 Federal Refunds will be delayed due to the Path Act. Please click here for more information. 

Level 2
Feb 14, 2020 7:27:37 AM

BrandiLO, thanks for the information. I clicked on "click here" to view the chart that you referenced, but I cannot find any chart.

Intuit Alumni
Feb 14, 2020 8:39:11 AM

@Blocke to access the chart referenced by BrandiLO above, once you have clicked on the article Estimated IRS Income Tax Refund Dates for 2020 scroll down towards the bottom and look for the section "When Will I Get My 2020 Income Tax Refund?", right under that is where the charts with the estimated refund dates is located. 

Level 2
Feb 14, 2020 8:40:34 AM

@MichelleLO   Got it!  Thanks!