Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
how to file self-employment estimated tax payment for 2024 with Turbo Tax for the first time
hertog13 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by xmasbaby0
Where do I send my w-2s from 2017 expecting a refund I need the address.
ahc8bzb5 ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DoninGA
In past years (and perhaps I did it wrong), when I check the maximize 401k deduction box (for my sole proprietorship), it gives me a figure that I am allowed to deduct from my income ALONG WITH the standard (half) of my self employment taxes. This ye... read more
LLC4Me ‎Posted Tuesday
Can I as self-employed use my credit card for incidentals and what schedule do I
Cathy40 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by VolvoGirl
im not self employed but I had to fill out this form because I work for a daycare and we got extra money during covid
cait369101 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post a week ago by JotikaT2
Lyft and Uber provides an Annual Tax Summary which lists Expenses, Fees, and Taxes that I enter into our joint income tax return as deductions. These companies also provide me with forms 1099-NEC and 1099-K with a monthly breakdown of gross amounts p... read more
bassman11 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by bassman11
The OK SCorp program (512-S) of the Turbo Tax Desktop Business program did not provide a way to enter and submit OW-8-P-SUP-C, which annualizes my business income over 4 qtrs, allowing me to avoid penalty and interest for underwithholding. This is ve... read more
BoydBob1 ‎Posted 3 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by KristinaK
A payer I worked for in 2016 sent me a 1099-NEC for the year 2023, when I did not work for them in 2023, and he did not pay me any money in 2023. I know this payer; he has done something similar to me in 2017, sending me and others who used to work f... read more
TheWisdom ‎Posted April 15, 2024 | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Bretonvia
I am a sole proprietor working in data science / computer science. I am doing a computer science masters program that "maintains or improves skills needed in my present work" and which does NOT "qualify me for a new trade." I qualify for the Lifetime... read more
jaxob ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post 2 weeks ago by Bsch4477
Where is a refund as an expenditure entered?
whartonsj ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 3 weeks ago by LenaH
Hello,how do I enter backdoor sep Roth conversion in TT desktop version home and business? Was on for 2 hours with 3 different TT experts and couldn’t figure it out. My 1040 4b is still showing that as Taxable Income. I entered the 1099R correctly an... read more
tbabeum ‎Posted March 12, 2022 | Latest post 3 weeks ago by Kimhorn99
1099-misc is not used for merchandise sales at antique/consignment shops.
BettyMeck ‎Posted 3 weeks ago
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies