TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Do I need to report my child's 1099-INT on my return?

by Intuit Updated 6 months ago

In most cases, no. If your dependent child made less than $1,250 in interest, dividends, and capital gains distributions combined, and that was their sole source of income, the child's income doesn't need to be reported on any tax return.

Otherwise, here's how to enter your child's 1099-INT:

  1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return.
  2. Search for child income and select the Jump to link.
  3. We'll ask a series of questions to determine if their income needs to be reported on a tax return. You can report it on your return or their return.

Note: If the child's income is $13,850 or more, it must be on the child's own tax return. It can not be included on the parents' tax return.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads