If you’re receiving a, “User needs to review security settings on Schwab.com/Passwords” message when attempting to import your 1099 form(s) from Charles Schwab, it means that your current Schwab account settings don’t allow form sharing.
In order to import your Schwab 1099 form(s) into TurboTax, you’ll need to opt-in to Schwab’s import program settings directly from your Schwab account.
To do that:
- Log in to schwab.com/passwords
- Once logged on to Security Center, scroll down to Third-Party Access to Account Information, and under OFX, select Enable Third-Party Access
- You will receive an email confirming third-party access is enabled
- Sign in to your TurboTax account and continue to your return.
- Search for the form you’d like to enter (for example, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B), and select the link at the top of the search results.
- Continue through to successfully import your Schwab 1099 forms.
- You can also navigate to the section by selecting Wages & Income from the top menu.
- Scroll down to Investment Income, select Revisit next to the section you were working on, and continue through to successfully import your Schwab 1099 forms.