If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you sign in to TurboTax Online you'll see the Way to go! You filed your 2022 taxes and you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2022 paper return and are eligible to e-file, you can switch to the e-filing method (through April 18, 2023). Note that it's no longer possible to e-file state returns before the federal.
If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.
To switch to e-filing:
- In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account
- Select Tax Home in the left menu
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents
- Select 2022, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area)
- Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner)
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already
- Select the Start button to the right of step 3
- On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file
- Follow the instructions to e-file your return