TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What if I didn't get a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, but made money from self-employment?

by TurboTax Updated 3 weeks ago

If you weren’t paid $600 or more, a business isn’t required to send you a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, but you still need to report the income.

To enter your self-employment income not reported on a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC:

  1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for Schedule C and select the Jump to link.
  3. Answer the general questions about your business (or select Review or Edit at the work summary screen).
  4. At the Let’s get income for… screen, select Other self-employed income.

If you made $600 or more, contact the company or individual you worked for to request a 1099-NEC.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads