TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Can I deduct my moving expenses?

SOLVEDby TurboTax4848Updated February 23, 2023

If you’re active-duty military and were ordered to move as the result of a PCS (permanent change of station), you can deduct your out-of-pocket moving expenses to your new post, including travel and lodging (but not meals). You can't deduct moving expenses for which you were reimbursed, nor can you deduct moving expenses that were paid for by the government.

For everybody else, no, you can't deduct moving expenses. You can use our refund calculator to see if you are eligible for deductible moving expenses, and quickly estimate your next tax return.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads