TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Can I contribute to both a 401(k) and an IRA?

SOLVEDby TurboTax378Updated January 13, 2023

Yes. You can contribute to an IRA even if you or your jointly-filing spouse are covered by an employer-sponsored retirement plan, such as a 401(k).

How much of the IRA contribution you can deduct, if any, is based on your filing status and modified adjusted gross income. We’ll figure that out for you.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads