TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I enter a parsonage or housing allowance if I got a 1099-NEC?

SOLVEDby TurboTax116Updated January 07, 2022

If your clergy income was reported on Form 1099-NEC, follow these steps.

  1. Select Pick up where you left off to open your return.
  2. Search for business code and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes when asked Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
    • If you land on the Your 2021 self-employed work summary screen, select Edit next to your clergy entry or Add another line of work if you haven't yet set it up.
  4. Keep answering the questions, and eventually you'll get to the Let's get your clergy and religious sect info screen. Select I need to pay self-employment tax on this income and then select Continue.
  5. On the next screen, you'll be able to enter your parsonage or housing allowance amount.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop DeluxeTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Live BasicTurboTax Live DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employedTurboTax Live PremierTurboTax Live Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps DeluxeTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Online DeluxeTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads