TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where do I enter an IRA rollover?

SOLVEDby TurboTax1628Updated December 07, 2023

You should get a Form 1099-R from your IRA custodian which reports the rollover. To enter the information, follow these steps:

  1. Search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  2. Continue through the screens to import or enter your 1099-R form.
  3. When asked Tell us if you moved the money through a rollover or conversion select I rolled over some or all of it to an IRA or other retirement account within the time limits (normally 60 days) and select Continue.
  4. On the next screen, Did you roll over all of this (Box 1) to another retirement account? answer Yes, I rolled over to an IRA or other retirement account (or returned it to the same account) and select Continue.

If taxes were withheld in box 4 of your form, they'll either be added to your refund or applied to your tax liability.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads