TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

Where do I enter investment sales?

SOLVEDby TurboTax778Updated April 16, 2022

When you sell stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or other securities, you should get Form 1099-B from your brokerage by mid-February. Simply enter the form into TurboTax to report the sale.

But what about non-security investment sales like coins, collectibles, timber, land, or a second home? Here's how you enter those:

  1. Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the search box, search for investment sales then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to the question Did you sell any of these investments in 2021? (or Okay! to Time to kick off your investments!)
    • If you land on the Investment sales summary or Your investments and savings screen, select Add More Sales or Add investments
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to either import your investment sale info or enter it into your return yourself

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
TurboTax Desktop BasicTurboTax Desktop BusinessTurboTax Desktop DeluxeTurboTax Desktop Home and BusinessTurboTax Desktop PremierTurboTax Live BasicTurboTax Live DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service BasicTurboTax Live Full Service Complex IncomeTurboTax Live Full Service Complex Self-EmployedTurboTax Live Full Service DeluxeTurboTax Live Full Service PremierTurboTax Live Full Service Self-employedTurboTax Live PremierTurboTax Live Self-employedTurboTax Mobile Apps DeluxeTurboTax Mobile Apps FreeTurboTax Mobile Apps PremierTurboTax Mobile Apps Self-employedTurboTax Online DeluxeTurboTax Online FreeTurboTax Online PremierTurboTax Online Self-employed
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads