TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I report an 83(b) election on my taxes?

SOLVEDby TurboTax517Updated January 13, 2023

You don't need to do anything special. The fair market value of your award should already be included in W-2, box 1 or 1099-NEC.

Additionally, the IRS no longer requires that you include your 83(b) election form with your taxes when filing.

After your stock vests, gains or losses from future sales will be reported on Form 1099-B, like any other stock sale.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads