In April 2022, Minnesota issued a payment of $487.45 to residents who worked the frontlines during the COVID-19 peacetime emergency.
The payment is taxable on your federal return, but isn't taxable in Minnesota, nor included in your household income.
Here's how to enter your Minnesota Frontline Worker Pay to your return in TurboTax:
- Open or continue your return in TurboTax
- Select Federal
- Select Wages & Income
- Under Less Common Income, select Start or Revisit next to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C
- Select Start or Revisit next to Other reportable Income
- On the Any Other Taxable Income? screen, select Yes
- Enter MN Frontline as the description and enter the amount you received
- Continue through and finish your federal return
- Begin your Minnesota return until you see the Frontline Worker Pay screen
- Enter the Payment Amount