TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
40 people found this useful

Where do I enter my self-employment business expenses, like home office, vehicle mileage, and supplies?

To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies and other common business expenses:

  1. Type “Schedule C” in the Search box.
  2. Select the “Jump to” link.
    • If this is your first time working in this section: You’ll be asked some questions about your self-employment work, and then have a chance to enter your expenses.
    • If  you have already entered some information about your self-employment work:
      • Select Add expenses for this work (or select Edit and navigate down to Expenses, or your screen might say Business Expenses).

Remember to enter 1099-MISC, 1099-K, cash, and personal check income from your self-employment before you associate any expenses with your business.

If you’re not self-employed, but a W-2 employee instead, follow these links for the employee home office deduction and job-related employee expenses.