Sign in is temporarily locked
The following message will generate when attempting to sign in to your TurboTax account if you've entered the incorrect User ID and Password combination too many times:
Sign in is temporarily locked. You've exceeded the number of sign in attempts. We'll send you an email to help you access your account.
While we recognize that being locked out of your TurboTax account can be inconvenient, this enhanced lockout policy ensures a higher level of protection to your personal account information than ever before.
To sign in to your Turbotax account when it has been temporarily locked simply:
- Click Continue on the temporarily locked screen.
- Choose one of the options from the Let's make sure it's you screen (the list you see, will depend on whether you have a phone number associated with your account):
- Get a code texted to: [phone number on account]
- Get a code emailed to: [email address on account]
- Recover my account a different way (takes longer)
- Click Continue.
- Continue the verification process to reset your password.