TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
72 people found this useful

How do I report an 83(b) election on my taxes?

You don't need to do anything special if you're getting a W-2. The fair market value of your stock award should already be included in box 1.

Once the stock vests, you'll get a 1099-B from your brokerage if you later sell any of the stock.

Good news: Section 83(b) filers are no longer forced to paper-file, as the IRS no longer needs a copy of the 83(b) election to be included with the tax return.