Where do I enter student loan interest (Form 1098-E)?
Follow these directions to enter your student loan interest even if you didn't get a 1098-E from your lender:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax if you don't already have it open.
- In the upper right menu select and search for 1098-E (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash).
- Select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to the question Did you make any student loan payments?
- If you land on the Here's what you paid screen, you can either edit an existing payment or add a new one.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.