, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
You can securely import your tax year 2013 W-2 form in TurboTax Free, Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business, provided your employer is a participating TurboTax W-2 partner.
To import your W-2 from a TurboTax import partner:
- Search for import w-2 inside your TurboTax program.
- Click Jump to import w-2 in the search results.
- If you haven't entered any W-2s yet, you'll see Let's start with your W-2. Select the W-2 you want to work on, then click Continue.
- If you already entered at least one W-2, you'll get the W-2 Summary screen instead. Click Add Another W-2.
- On the next screen, Let's Start With a Bit of Info from Your W-2, enter the 9-digit EIN (Employer Identification Number) from box b of your W-2 and click Continue.
- If TurboTax recognizes the EIN as belonging to a participating TurboTax W-2 partner, you'll then see You're Now Ready to Import Your W-2.
- Otherwise, you'll get a screen Let's enter the info from your W-2 where you can manually enter your W-2 form. The rest of these steps will not apply.
- Enter the requested information, which varies by employer (e.g., Social Security number, employee login, etc.).
- If you need help finding your login, use the payroll provider's contact info provided on the screen.
- Enter your credentials and then click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
After importing your W-2, we'll ask you some questions about it. When finished, you'll have the opportunity to add more W-2 forms if needed.
My employer doesn't offer W-2 import. How do they sign up?
Simply ask your employer's payroll department to contact us by going to www.partner.turbotax.com.
You forgot to include a splash screen with a simple informative response such as "Your employer does not offer import". Leaving me to hunt for 20 min to hunt around to figure out whether your program was doing what I asked it to. Every year I find this program harder and more annoying to use, but this is the first time I've ever felt fed up with it on the very first step.