How do I import my W-2?
You can securely import your tax year 2014 W-2 form in TurboTax, provided your employer is a participating TurboTax W-2 partner and their W-2s are ready for import (employers should have them ready by February 1).
- Search for import w-2 (with or without the dash) inside your TurboTax program and then click the Jump to import w-2 link in the search results.
- This will either take you to the Let's start with your W-2 screen (if you haven't entered a W-2 yet) or the W-2 Summary screen (if you did).
- If you land on the W-2 Summary screen, click Add W-2.
- When you get to the Let's Start With a Bit of Info screen, enter the 9-digit EIN (Employer Identification Number) from box b of your W-2 and click Continue.
- If the EIN belongs to a participating TurboTax W-2 partner, you'll then see You're Now Ready to Import Your W-2.
- Otherwise, you'll get the screen Let's enter the info from your W-2 where you can manually enter your W-2 form. The rest of these steps will not apply.
- Enter the requested information, which varies by employer (e.g., Social Security number, employee login, etc.).
- If you need help finding your login, use the payroll provider's contact info provided on the screen.
- Enter your credentials and then click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
After importing your W-2, we'll ask you some questions about it. When finished, you'll have the opportunity to add more W-2 forms if needed.
- How to Edit Your W-2 Data in Your Tax Return
- Why can't I import my W-2?
- I have no Box D or Control Number on my W-2