Error Code 2 - Internet Connection issue
Error Code 2 can occur in several different areas of TurboTax, such as when you are attempting to connect to the Internet to update, import financial information, or transmit a return when filing or downloading. The exact error messages can differ, depending on where in the product the error is displayed, but it will always be related to internet connectivity.
- If you have a firewall installed on your computer, see your firewall documentation or Web site for information on how to configure it for use with TurboTax. Refer to our Security Software and TurboTax article for basic steps.
- If you use a router or other Internet-splitting device, you may need to update your router's firmware. Refer to your router manufacturer's Web site for specific details. If you use DSL and a router, you may need to adjust the router's MTU settings. For instructions, see the Check Your Router article.
If you're trying to import financial data and are still having problems, try this:
- From the TurboTax File menu, select Import, then select From Financial Partner.
- You may see a screen showing that the financial partner information is downloading. Do not cancel the download. If the error message appears, click Cancel.
- When TurboTax indicates that the partner list could not be updated, click Continue.
- Select the name of your financial institution or payroll provider.
- Enter your login information and proceed.
- Allow your information to download. This may take a while and the screen may appear to "freeze" while your data is downloading.