Reinstall TurboTax (Windows)
Follow the steps below to reinstall TurboTax. Your tax file is not affected when reinstalling.
- On the Windows taskbar, select Start, and then select Control Panel. (In Windows 8, access Control Panel from the Power User menu, which is opened by simultaneously pressing the WIN and X keys.)
- (Windows 8/7/Vista) Select Uninstall a Program.
(Windows XP) Open Add or Remove Programs.
- Scroll to TurboTax, select it, and then click the Remove, Change, or Uninstall button.
- Follow the on-screen steps to uninstall TurboTax. (For additional help with uninstalling, See this article.)
- Restart your computer.
- Install your TurboTax CD or download. (If you're installing the CD, leave it in the CD drive during installation.)
- Update TurboTax.
- How do I install the TurboTax software for Windows?
- Uninstall TurboTax (Windows)
- How do I move my tax data file to another computer?