TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
2236 people found this useful

What did I get a 1099-G for?

Form 1099-G reports certain types of government payments you received during the tax year.

You'll normally get a 1099-G if you received unemployment, paid family leave, or if you got a state or local tax refund for a prior tax year. The 1099-G is also used to report less common things like taxable energy grants and agricultural payments.