TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1107 people found this useful

Can I exclude my 1099-C from my taxable income?

In certain cases, yes. Although the IRS generally considers cancelled, forgiven, or discharged debt as taxable income, there are exclusions and exceptions to the rule. More info

When you enter your 1099-C in TurboTax, we'll ask a series of questions to determine if some of all of your 1099-C debt can be excluded.