Minimum System Requirements for TurboTax Mac Software
Here are the minimum system requirements for TurboTax 2013 through 2016 software for Mac Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business editions.
Note that after the 2016 tax year, Mac OS X v10.9 and v10.10 will no longer be supported.
- 2016: Mac OS X v10.9 or higher (64-bit required)
- 2015: Mac OS X v10.9 or higher (64-bit required)
- 2014: Mac OS X v10.7.5 or higher
- 2013 and 2012: Mac OS X v10.6.8 or higher
Administrator Rights are required for TurboTax 2014 through current
- 2016-2013: Multi-core Intel processor with 64-bit support
Hard Drive Space
- 2016: 650 MB
- 2015: 460 MB
- 2014, 2013, and 2012: 330 MB plus another 30 MB if installing a state product
- 2016: 1 GB
- 2015: 2 GB
- 2014, 2013, and 2012: 1 GB
Internet connection: At minimum, you'll need 56 Kbps to e-file and download program updates. Broadband is highly recommended.
Monitor resolution: 1024×768 minimum
Mac-compatible inkjet or laser printer if you want to print your tax return or any tax forms.
We no longer sell or support TurboTax for 2012 or earlier tax years.