Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada English Canada Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Help

I filed an extension and made a payment. How do I get credit for it?

If you filed your extension through TurboTax, your tax payment should already be accounted for. Nevertheless, it's a great idea to review it for accuracy before you file your return.

  1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax, if it's not already open.
  2. Search for estimated tax payments (use this exact phrase) and then click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. In the Payments with Extension section, select Start or Update next to the payment you submitted with your type of federal, state, or local extension. Make sure the amount shown is correct.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings