What if my federal refund isn't enough to cover my... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

Intuit
,Created with Sketch.110 helpful votes

What if my federal refund isn't enough to cover my TurboTax fees?

To use the Pay With Your Refund option, your IRS refund amount must be sufficient to cover your prep fees, fees for any additional products and services, and applicable sales tax.

When you get ready to file, we won't offer Pay With Your Refund if your IRS refund isn't enough to cover your total bill. In that case, you'll need to pay with a credit, debit, or prepaid card.

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Pay With My Refund fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Pay With My Refund fee (if any) in Step 3.

The provision is spelled out in the Pay With My Refund Agreement, which you agreed to when you opted to pay with your refund.

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in