Self employed

Solved my Turbo Tax 2021 Home and Business 5329 “BUG” yesterday. Root of problem was TTAX overwriting my “California” entry in mailing address dialog with “Italy”. This triggered 5329-S form with “Italy” as Country of residence and 5329-T form with “Other Country”. Both then wanted country code field filled in with a 2 letter code. First I had to get Personal Info to remove Italy and correctly capture California as mailing address state. During data entry in Personal Info, California was always correctly inputted and visible but upon saving, summary showed Italy as state for mailing address. After much experimenting, I found that if I changed “U.S. address” to “APO/DPO/FPO” and then back to “U.S. address”, re-entering “California” as State and saving, TTAX finally removed “Italy” and displayed “CA” as state for mailing address in summary. Next re-ran Review process which flagged 5329-S/T forms. Switched to Forms view, selected “IT” for both country code entries. Then proceeded to select 5329-S and 5329-T forms for Deletion. Ran Review again and errors were eliminated. I have used TTAX for over 20 years and this was the BUGGIEST version I have ever encountered. And painfully I have found there is no viable means to get bugs reported and resolved in a timely manner fro Intuit. What I just reported shows the effort that a customer has to go thru to get past software bugs with the product with ZERO Intuit direct, problem specific support.

View solution in original post