Carl
Level 15

Self employed

If you will be filing a joint return then it doesn't matter if you each make separate estimated payments or not, really. But for book keeping purposes I would make separate payments. One under your SSN and the other under your spouse's SSN.

Also if next year I dont get any 1099 income what do I do (in regards to the last part you said)

Basically, you *read the screen* so that you make the necessary selection to indicate that you closed, sold or otherwise disposed of the business in the tax year.

So many times I see questions posted that are clearly answered by the program on the screen the poster is looking at, at the time they ask/post their question. The small print matters. Believe me, the programmers did not get bored and decide to just add text to the program just to pass the time. If the words are on the screen, they are there for a reason and they matter to somebody. You'll also find the information on some screens is highlighted in blue to indicate it's a clickable link that will provide additional details about that item. Others have a blue clickable "Learn More" link next to them, that provide additional information.