Other financial discussions

@DawnC 

Does TurboTax plan to release an article or instructions on how to complete a 1040X for my specific scenario? I am seeing hundreds of posts from people on Reddit that experienced the exact same thing.
They either did not get their stimulus or the Recovery Rebate Credit was deducted from their refund because the “Someone can claim: Your spouse as a dependent” box was checked due to the TurboTax glitch. Some even stated that Tax Advocates acknowledged receiving numerous calls about this issue but they don’t know how to fix it. They simply suggest that the affected person9s) submit a 1040X.

I tried several times to complete the 1040X through TurboTax but the field values kept changing each time. It looks like you guys are still in the process of figuring things out yourselves. When I called support, I was able to get some help and the field values ended up changing yet again. At this point I don't trust that the 1040X questionnaire is guiding me correctly given this "niche" situation.

TurboTax at minimum needs to acknowledge the issue publicly and help provide us with guidance to get this corrected. In my case, I need to complete a 1040X for the sole purpose of explaining that the box was checked due to a TurboTax error. However, the TurboTax system keeps playing around with the values shown in fields 1-30 even though the questions are answered exactly the same each time.  Its like musical chairs at this time.