Other financial discussions

But how are they expected to have anything more than the routing and account info that was provided when they received the filed tax returns?

It seems like this was something that SBTPG was able to address for the first stimulus (if I understand they temporarily opened the accounts to facilitate it).  

Their statement confuses me in that if I attempt to send a wire or via ACH and the information isn’t correct (which I’ve done sending and receiving) the receiving side just rejects it. They seem to indicate it’s being sent back which if it’s via wire should be almost instantly.

I get the view the IRS may have known or should have done something but I go back to what could it have been?  Their trying to send everyone in the country funds most electronically and the burden should be on information provided on the tax return filed, in this case Turbo Tax, and the information provided to Turbo Tax isn’t a pass through bank and the overwhelming number of people who use TT never realized this.

Turbo Tax is responsible for providing the correct information to the IRS for those who they file for.  This should have been done at the highest level (CEO / CFO) from both TT and the pass through bank.  

The IRS stated if you received your refund from filing season the stimulus would be deposited the same way and their was nothing needed to be done - those of us who elected to have the fee deducted from the refund still had the refund deposited and I looked back and there isn’t any indication it’s from SBTPG.

Also, I understand this is also an issue for HR Block clients who elected to pay the fee from their refund but from what I’m seeing they’re providing a lot more information and making certain their clients are getting their stimulus funds in the very near future (days) - I’m wondering what’s the reason or mechanism that’s not permitting Turbo Tax in doing the same?

Lastly it’s not like the second stimulus funds was just decided a week or two ago after someone put it up for our congress - this has been dragging on and Turbo Tax should have anticipated being in a hurry up and wait then the chaos of the logistics.  This should have been table topped and I can’t excuse their lack of preparation or being engaging - all their social media and statements just blame the IRS as the only ones who issue funds transferred- true but cmon there’s some assumptions made when people use Turbo Tax and one of them is they will file electronically and on time and their filing will include any refund being deposited electronically if that’s the preferred method.  There’s no assumption the use of a pass through bank that wasn’t visible nor did they need to be that were able to get refunds deposited, the stimulus that was issued this year but unable this time.

When TurboTax discovered the bank wasn’t going to temporarily open the accounts or whatever was done the last stimulus they should have immediately worked with another bank and the IRS, which they happen to have a good relationship with I happen to know (specifically the electronic filing operations e-file which TT / HRBlock are major players).

Bottom line is those who used TurboTax are without their stimulus.  The millions of others who did not use TT received theirs.  Hard to blame the IRS for their being able to deposit to millions of bank accounts in almost no time and TT clients are made to wait to file taxes before claiming it - only after the W2 has been received and then after filing and the time to receive it.

TurboTax needs to explain why the bank temporarily opened accounts last time but couldn’t or wouldn’t this time.  They need to stop blaming the IRS and explain what HR Block is able to do for their clients TurboTax isn’t and why.  They also need to apologize and be upfront with what happened why and include the good and bad - people are mad and their copy paste statements about the IRS is irritating and sketchy.

When the stimulus was approved and the dates provided I was able to make arrangements based on receiving it, now my word isn’t being kept and my reason that it’s due to having my fee taken from my refund isn’t flying that well - or at least it feels like I’m being looked at as making it up.